Chapter 10 Summary

The user interface is very neat. I love using a good user interface to enhance my experience with interacting with computer systems. But when it is bad, it can cause frustration and inconvenience to a person such as me.  While I’m not a programmer, I do know that user interface is one of the most important parts of a website. Without a user interface that is easy to understand, it can be difficult for a person to find enjoyment from visiting a website.

Computational thinking has unknowingly been a part of my life until I read this chapter. Thanks to chapter 10, I now know that whenever I use an atm or a web browser, it is involved. This was very interesting to learn about all of its implications to modern life as we know it.

I think my data is important. I would like to protect my data from companies trying to make money off me. For any social media I sign up for, I make sure to go to my privacy settings. I go there so I can turn off any data tracking and storing that I can. I’d rather not give data for them to sell. While I don’t read all of the policies of these apps, I try to at least find the ones about privacy and data collection.