Chapter 2 Summary

Before reading chapter two, I had never heard of netiquette. But looking back at my high school career, I have been using it the whole time. I believe it came from me trying to mirror what my teacher’s email looked like. Although I never recognized the parts of an email, it was very easy to pick up and understand how to properly write an email.

In all the time I have been sending emails, I have always used both to and cc. Yet the third option, bcc, has collected dust from its neglect. I never understood or even cared to look up what it could possibly be used for and as I learned what it meant; it is not that useful. I’m not sure I will ever have a need to use it as it is only helpful in very specific situations that I don’t see myself in.

Attachments have a special place in my heart as it is my most used and appreciated tool within email. Throughout my educational career, it has helped me in almost every class I have been involved in. From sharing projects and documents with my fellow students or sending my teacher an assignment I forgot to turn in, this feature is my number one.