Chapter 6 Summary

Although I have always known of malware and spyware, I have not personally experienced any harm from anything (that I’m aware of). Chapter 6 has cleared my foggy eyes of ignorance and I will be getting Norton soon.  While I usually don’t download anything I find shady, you can’t be too careful.

Phishing also hits close to home as recently as I had gotten an email starting a few weeks ago and the latest being yesterday as of me writing this, saying I had been invited to their honor society. I was doubtful of this because I didn’t do very well my first semester. They have sent me the same email 3 different times and the only thing that changes about it is the “deadline to apply”. It seems they keep pushing the deadline back for some reason. Very sketchy to me.

I am always scared that I will post something on social media that could be used by someone maliciously or steal my identity. Or that I will go to a fake link and give away my information. With what I have learned through this chapter, I will use my knowledge and best judgement to avoid such a fate.