Chapter 4 Summary

Weather affects me every day and knowing what is to come is very important for what I will be doing for that day. I personally get my up-to-date weather information from the weather app on my iPhone. Whether I go for a walk or stay inside because of rain, I depend fully on my weather app. It decides if I will wear a jacket or just a T-shirt.  Personally, my favorite feature of the weather app is that it shows how good the air quality is. There are so many important aspects of my daily life that count on the whim of the all-knowing weather app.

News is also very important to me. To be able to keep up with the current events to local news, I like to be able to consume it all. One important part of findings news to me is to look at an issue from multiple sources to get different perspectives on the matter. I try to stick to more neutral sites, instead of ones leaning either way on the political spectrum. Another aspect of being up to date on the news that I enjoy is learning about different cultures. Staying up to date is very important to me.

Today, one of the best ways to find a job and even a career is through the web. Personally, I like Indeed and LinkedIn.  The part time job that I have now even came from me to apply for it online. I like how I only have to fill in my information once and apply to as many jobs as I want. A good feature in Indeed that I like is that you can filter out the jobs that I want and the ones I’m qualified for. There are many wonderful job searching websites out there, but Indeed will always be my favorite.